- The privacy of donors will be respected. Any donor records that are maintained by The MATCH Fund will be kept confidential to the greatest extent possible.
- Contact information will be used only to update the donor on The MATCH Fund activities and initiatives, send information on fundraising campaigns and provide donor appreciation.
- The MATCH Fund will not trade, rent or sell the personal or contact information of donors with any other organization without the express consent of the individual. The collection and use of personal information is subject to the consent of the donor.
- All reasonable efforts will be taken to honour any request from a donor or prospective donor not to be contacted for future fundraising campaigns.
- Donors’ personal information is protected with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Access to donors’ personal information is restricted to authorized individuals within The MATCH Fund who have valid reasons to access personal information. All staff and volunteers with access to donor information are required to sign a privacy and confidentiality statement.
- Donors and prospective donors are entitled to know, upon request, whether the individual asking for funds is a volunteer, a staff person or a service provider.
- Donors have the right to remain anonymous.
- The Development Officer is the designated Privacy Officer for The MATCH Fund. Any person who has a complaint about The MATCH Fund’s personal privacy practices may do so in writing to the Privacy Officer. In the event that personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will promptly notify those persons whose personal information has been compromised.
*Personal information includes any information used to identify or distinguish an individual such as a name, title, address of e-mail address.